We created Campaign Bootcamp to increase diversity and excellence in the campaigning world. Over the last 18 months demand for our work has increased rapidly as more and more people are discovering a passion to make change happen. To meet this demand we’ve built an ambitious plan to grow our organisation to a point where anyone, anywhere will be able to learn how to challenge injustice and inequality. This plan involves launching new programmes, building excellent resources and forging partnerships.
You'll love working here if you get excited by uncertainty, figuring out smart solutions and taking risks. We don’t spend our time writing long unnecessary procedures, or doing loads of paperwork. We’re a lean, fast moving workplace.
Country Manager, Germany
We’re looking for a Country Director to join us to manage and deliver our Campaign Boostcamp programme in Germany. An amazing founding team first delivered the training in Berlin in 2014 and since then they have delivered a second camp and built a thriving community. In June 2017 we are stepping up to our next challenge and delivering a third camp to 26 inspiring activists!
Founded in the UK in 2013 Campaign Bootcamp is a nonprofit dedicated to training a new generation of activists to build a better world. We focus on two things - delivering the best campaign training in the world, while increasing diversity in campaigning.
We are looking for someone to join us at this really exciting moment to lead the growth and development of our Germany work and build on the momentum of our June camp. Over the next 18 months the focus of the role will be to create a sustainable and impactful Campaign Bootcamp in Germany. Your job will be to build on the energy and dedication of the founding team and use the momentum of our June camp to turn Campaign Boostcamp from a volunteer led organisation into a sustainable non-profit. You won’t be doing this alone. We’ve won some funding, you’ll have the support of the entire local volunteer team and you’ll be heavily supported by the Campaign Bootcamp UK team.
The key work will be to:
- Build on the successes of our June camp to lead into planning and delivery of another camp in early 2018
- Act as an advocate for the programme and plan strategically how to establish Campaign Bootcamp in Germany as a sustainable non-profit organisation.
- Build partnerships across the sector and gain trust of campaign groups and activists
- Fundraise for both long term organisational investment and to ensure we have the funding and scholarships available to run a camp in 2018.
- Ensure the high quality of our training is maintained and the values of creating an accessible and diverse space are at the center of the programme.
- Deliver our follow up programme from the June 2017 camp.
- Use your network of NGO partners and other campaign organisations to persuade them to pay to send staff on the next Campaign Boostcamp in 2018
- Hire and manage a team to manage your growing community and run the events
To deliver all this it’s essential that you:
- Are fluent in German and English
- Have experience of working in the campaigning sector
- Have experience of successful fundraising
- Are committed to increasing excellence and diversity in campaigning
- Are committed to building on all the work that’s gone so far to create a sustainable German focussed non-profit. This includes being a self starter, can manage own workload and ask for help when needed.
- Can commit at least 12 months to the project, at least 4 days a week with occasional work on weekends
- Have experience managing events, conferences or trainings
- Are comfortable with working with Google Apps (GSuite), Wordpress, Skype, and other modern communication tools.
- Have experience using a CRM to stay on top of relationships
- Have experience identifying what is the best path forwards when there’s a lot of uncertainty and then prioritising workload to achieve results.
- Understand that this is a startup with a lot of ambition and there is some risk that the project might not work out. So it’s essential that you have experience managing complex, fast moving projects, with a lot of unknown elements across multiple stakeholders.
- Have experience managing budgets with a lot of unknown elements
It would be desirable if you have:
- Experience of working in social enterprise
- Experience of managing a training programme
- Experience of delivering inclusive training without barriers
- Experience of managing a team, including volunteers
- Experience in working in projects dealing with diversity and inclusion.
- Experience of working remotely
- Experience in marketing using email, social media, mainstream media
- Fluency in languages other than German and English, for example Turkish or Arabic
- Experience creating nimble, lean non-profits within the German context
- Experience in customer service
- Experience in designing and conducting evaluation methods
- Experience researching latest trends in a sector
You’ll be paid 45,000-50,000 Euro and will start on a full or part time contract for 18 months. You’ll report to the Campaign Bootcamp Head of Operations and Programmes, based in London. You’ll be based in Berlin and start before September 2017.
We welcome and encourage applications from women, individuals with disabilities, people of colour, LGBTQ and minorities in general.
To apply just fill in this form by 09.00 BST Wednesday 24th July and attach your CV.
Any questions? Just get in touch by emailing